Screen Dive presents: OPEN CALL __Screen Swarm__
Screen Dive, our online platform for interactive musical pieces, is once again looking for composers, coders, artists and creatives working in the fields of sound, interactive design and coding. This time, we’re going for collaborations on hybrid works in a 5-day residency. Do you want to be part of a creative team and make a hybrid online/offline piece on the spot, working together with like-minded artists in the span of only a few days during Gaudeamus Festival 2022? Read on!
Inspired by Swarming Insects, Schooling Fish and Flocking Starlings, Screen Dive’s new open call invites you to move together as a collective, to create with-in a team, a piece that spills out from the screen into the streets and alleyways and back again. We welcome ideas that follow and directly engage with the Gaudeamus festival audience; works that are created by the audience, or that use audiences as pools of data to be gathered; etc. We are looking for works that are a true hybrid of “IRL” (in real life) and digital. We are looking for real time engagement with our audience.
If selected, you will be created in a team of 3 makers. The final work will be released on Screen Dive’s website and celebrated with a live event at the final day of the festival.
- July-August: remote artistic preparation meetings/brainstorms/coding
- 7-10 September: work live with your team during Gaudeamus Festival 2022 in Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 11 September: final presentation at Terrapolis XL at De Nijverheid in Utrecht, The Netherlands
What are the perks?
Participants are offered a special pass to the entire festival, during which time they will visit performances to get inspired, and work together in a dedicated studio space.
There is a total budget of €2400 per team (€800 each ex. BTW). We have a limited budget to support your traveling costs and accommodation.
How do I apply?
Is this your thing? Please apply via the form before July 13th! Selection will be announced by July 18th.
- Send us your ideas and thoughts for an interactive sound-base creation, related to this open call's theme - Screen Swarm (max one A4 + relevant links)
- On a separate page, or with a video recording, tell us about your motivation to join this adventure, and about any relevant experience you have - working in the digital realm, in collaborative settings, creating with sound, interacting with audiences / community based work etc.
You may propose a team of 3 makers, or you may submit individually and be open to be placed in a group.
Before applying, make sure that you're available to be at the festival in person, between Sep. 7th-11th 2022, in Utrecht, The Netherlands. Make sure to check out the works we already have on Screen Dive, they might inspire you: www.gaudeamusscreendive.com
Have any questions? Write us email@example.com