Entries for the Gaudeamus Award 2018 must be received by October 1, 2017. Composers of any nationality who were born after October 1, 1988 may enter their works. Works may already have been performed, but they must have been composed no more than three (3) years ago.
Submissions must include:
- Score, or description for one of the mentioned categories if pertaining to installations or electronic works, and if possible a recording;
- A stimulating motivation (in text, imagery or any other suited form) by the composer as to why participation in the competition is important for him/her and why this specific work was chosen for submission;
- Two other works for a maximum of 15 instruments, plus if needed, (live) electronics and/or video;
- Details as described on the website;
- Payment of 35 euros for registration and a written statement agreeing to pay a further 500 euros if selected.
Please remove your name from all entries! The scores should be anonymous, since your work is to be objectively judged by the jury.
The registration fee for the Gaudeamus Award is 35 euros. This can only be paid through Paypal (www.paypal.com). Payments can be sent to our email address (email@example.com). Please remember to clearly state your name and copy the statement “I agree to pay a further 500 euros in case of selection” in the Paypal payment description. Entries without the accompanying payment and statement can be excluded from the selection process.
The deadline for submissions is 1 October 2017. The jury will select a maximum of five works and other works by the selected composers to complement the programs. At the beginning of November 2017 all candidates will be notified about the outcome of the selection process. The jury’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
If you have any questions, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.