Entries for the Gaudeamus Award 2023 must be received by October 1 2022 23:59 CET. Composers of any nationality who were born after 10 September 1987 may enter their works. Works may already have been performed, but they must have been composed no more than four (4) years ago.
Submissions must be submitted anonymously and must include:
- Score, or description for one of the mentioned categories if pertaining to installations or electronic works, and if possible, a recording;
- A stimulating motivation (in text, imagery or any other suited form) by the composer as to why participation in the competition is important for her/him/they and why this specific work was chosen for submission;
- Two other works for a maximum of 15 instruments, plus if needed, (live) electronics and/or video;
- Details as described on the website;
- Payment of 35 euros for registration.
Please remove your name from all entries! The scores should be anonymous since your work is to be objectively judged by the jury.
The registration fee for the Gaudeamus Award is 35 euros. This can only be paid through PayPal. Entries without the accompanying payment can be excluded from the selection process.
The deadline for submissions is 1 October 2022 23:59 CET. The jury will select a maximum of four works and other works by the selected composers to complement the programs. At the end of November 2022 all candidates will be notified about the outcome of the selection process. The jury’s decision is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
If you have any questions, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.